4 Effective Yet Affordable Marketing Tips To Boost Your Website Traffic
If you’ve tried every marketing strategy under the sun but still can’t seem to boost your website traffic, you’re not alone.
According to data, businesses that have a dedicated blog post get 55% more traffic than those without.
While blog posts can get your website a significant number of visitors, it takes more than articles and other written content to get quality traffic.
You need strategic marketing tactics to boost your website traffic.
Fortunately, you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to know the whys and hows of digital marketing or break the bank to drive traffic to your website.
Continue reading to learn the four affordable yet high-impact marketing tips to drive traffic to your website, boosting your company’s visibility and sales opportunities.
Table of Contents
1. Run social media campaigns
Social media has over four billion users, making it an excellent space to reach potential customers and drive traffic to your website.
Promoting your brand and products on social media doesn’t require a huge investment.
However, you need a solid strategy to help your brand stand out, engage audiences, and lead them to your site to increase conversions and sales.
Run effective social media marketing campaigns with these tips:
- Choose the right platforms. Run campaigns on social media platforms your target audience is most active on and tailor your marketing efforts accordingly.
For example, if your target audiences are Instagram users ages 18 to 35, create posts that address their interests and needs, such as relatable memes.
- Set a regular posting schedule. Regularly post quality content on your social media profiles to keep your followers engaged.
Use modern social media management tools such as Vista Social. It has a content calendar and auto-publishing features to streamline your content posting across social media.
Image source: vistasocial.com.
The more you engage your audiences, the higher the chances of them buying your products.
- Use visuals. Use eye-catching visuals such as images, videos, GIFs, memes, animations, and other content types to make your social media posts more engaging.
Include descriptions and relevant keywords to help draw more eyeballs to your posts. For instance, add compelling photo dump captions to your Instagram carousel posts.
2. Optimize your web pages for organic search
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can help increase your website’s visibility and organic traffic.
SEO aims to make your website rank higher in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) for relevant keywords.
The higher your web pages rank on SERPs, the more chances your target audiences will see and visit your site.
While SEO can be a complex marketing approach, it helps you generate a steady stream of website traffic long-term, unlike paid ads, where the traffic stops coming in as soon as you turn them off.
SEO often requires a comprehensive strategy to drive organic traffic to your website effectively.
However, you can jumpstart your efforts with these quick tips:
- Perform keyword research and optimization. Identify keywords related to your business and optimize your website’s content for those keywords.
For instance, if you target “affordable women’s shoes,” sprinkle the keywords across your website’s content, such as your blog posts and product pages.
A reliable ultimate guide to ecommerce product page SEO can give you pointers on how to do this.
Use keyword research tools such as Semrush to get information such as keyword volume, difficulty, cost per click, competitive density, and more.
Image source: semrush.com.
- Apply on-page optimization techniques. Ensure that your website is user-friendly, fast-loading, and has high-quality content.
Search engines such as Google are more likely to rank websites that nail these factors higher in SERPs.
- Implement off-page optimization strategies. Build quality backlinks from other websites to improve your site’s domain authority.
Websites that link to your site effectively endorse or vouch for your content. The endorsement can influence search engine rankings and drive referral traffic to your website.
3. Produce relevant and quality content
Create and share valuable content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience and drive profitable customer action.
Consider these tips to help you nail your content marketing:
- Create quality content. Produce high-quality, informative, and engaging content that provides value to your target audience.
People are more likely to convert and buy when you offer them value through compelling website content.
- Vary your website content types. Experiment with various content types, such as blog posts, infographics, videos, and podcasts, to see what resonates with your audience.
It also helps keep your content fresh, giving your audiences something to look forward to and enticing them to return to your website.
Create visual content easily with tools such as Canva. It offers thousands of templates, from banners to infographics, so you won’t need to create your content from scratch.
Image source: canva.com.
- Implement content promotion strategies. Share your content on social media, guest post on relevant blogs, and participate in online communities to reach a wider audience.
For instance, you can share a snippet and link to your complete review of ExportYourStore on your Facebook page.
Don’t limit your content promotion to ads and SEO, and look for other marketing channels and strategies to get your content in front of your target audiences.
4. Build customer relationships through email marketing
Email marketing allows you to communicate personally and directly with your target audience and generate quality website traffic.
Also, running email marketing campaigns can be a high-return approach, giving you an average ROI of $38 for every dollar you invest.
Follow these quick email marketing tips to support your efforts to build customer relationships and drive traffic to your website.
- Create a targeted email list. Build a list of subscribers who are interested in your products or services.
Doing so ensures you send marketing emails to people who will likely act on your offers and buy your products.
- Personalize your emails. Create personalized emails by including your recipient’s name, location, and other details to make them feel more connected to your brand.
It’s a great way to connect with your potential customers better, enticing them to visit your website and convert or buy.
- Offer value. Provide valuable information and offers in your emails to keep your subscribers engaged and coming back for more.
For example, share exclusive promotions and discount codes in your emails to lead recipients to your product pages like the Adidas email below does.
Image source: adidas.com.
Special offers can encourage recipients to engage with your content, helping drive traffic to your website.
Use your marketing emails to share other relevant and brand-related information, such as newsletters and event announcements.
You can also send highly-personalized emails, including birthday greetings with discount offers, to show your contacts that your company values them.
Get more traffic with strategic online marketing
Boosting your website traffic doesn’t have to be a costly endeavor.
With creativity and effort, you can effectively market your website and attract new visitors without investing a lot of money.
From creating engaging content to building backlinks, countless affordable tactics can help you achieve your traffic goals.
The right marketing strategies help you drive more traffic to your website, expand your customer base, and grow your business.