After witnessing the huge success of the Uber app in the taxi-booking industry, there are many entrepreneurs and businesses that are inspired by it. The best part about the Uber ride-hailing app is that it’s not just limited to a particular industry vertical. For instance, there can be a ride-hailing service for hospitals, as well as for people who are physically challenged.
There’s no denying that the scope for such applications is immense in various domains. Now, the next question that mainly arises is ‘how much will it cost to build an app like Uber.’ In this article, we will be answering this question while providing you with other details that you should know about the Uber app development cost.
There is no specific cost for developing an Uber app because there are various factors due to which the Uber app development cost tends to vary, for example, average hourly rate, geolocation of the mobile app development company, the total features & functionalities added in the app and many more.
Due to these factors, the cost of creating an Uber clone varies, for instance, hiring an app development company in the USA will cost you more than hiring an application development company in India.
A taxi application consisting of these basic features will cost from $12,000 to $17,000. This was just the development cost of the app, other than that, there is a maintenance cost of the app which is around $2,000 to $3,000. Here, you also need to remember that adding more functionalities to the mobile app will not only increase the overall cost but also increase the app complexity.
What Makes Uber a Preferred Pick?
Uber can be referred to as a verb for booking a cab nowadays and to achieve that status is something that its other taxi-booking apps like Lyft, Didi, Grab, etc. are still not able to do.
The business model is highly in sync with the high customer demand in the market. One of the reasons why the Uber app nearly has an exponential growth graph is its staggering annual revenue and active user base.
Let’s take a look at some of the main types and features of the Uber app:
Basic features for the Uber Passenger app
- A cab booking interface
- Registration page for users
- The option to view the ride history
- Payment page for riders
- Push notification functionality
- Fare calculator feature
- The option to rate & review drivers
Basic features for the Uber Driver app
- Book a ride option
- Driver profile & details page
- Pick up & drop location functionality
- Booking alerts through push notifications
- Ride navigation and mapping features
- Fare estimation feature for every ride
- The option to rate the passengers
- The feature to view booking history
Basic features for the Web Admin panel of the Uber app
- Reports featuring trip stats in detail
- Driver stats along with other information
- Total number of active drivers
- Revenue earnings on a daily & monthly basis
- Complaint registered against active drivers
- Status of live events and other activities
- Approval system for rides
- The option to raise payment invoices
- Mailing system for app users
- Status of currently active trips
- Sending out push notifications on a regular basis
So, these are some of the basic features and functionalities of the Uber app that can be embedded while developing a taxi-booking app like Uber.