Reasons why Manhattan is the best borough to live in
Whether you’re relocating for a job or want to start fresh in the most exciting city in the world, Manhattan is the best borough to live in. Even though the other five boroughs have a lot of charm and different perks, Manhattan stands out with its beauty and convenience. If you need more convincing, continue reading. We’re sure that by the end of this article, you’ll already start browsing for a perfect apartment to settle in Manhattan.
Table of Contents
Things to know before moving to Manhattan
Before you hire experienced movers to get you to your new place in Manhattan, here are some NYC facts you should be aware of.
- NYC is very expensive. It’s one of the most expensive cities in the world and not only that the cost of living is very high, but the taxes are sky-high, too.
- Most New Yorkers don’t own a car due to practical reasons. Traffic can get quite chaotic, and free parking is very uncommon. That’s why it’s best to rely on the subway.
- Before you start searching for your NYC home, keep in mind that apartments tend to be very small. This means you’ll probably have to rent a storage unit to keep all your extra stuff.
- New Yorkers walk fast and a lot, so make sure to invest in quality shoes that will protect your feet no matter the weather.
Manhattan is the best borough to live in!
We know for sure that Manhattan is the best borough to live in. However, if you doubt this statement, we’ve prepared reasons that will surely convince you. After you’ve finished reading, all that will be left for you to do is to start browsing bestmovers.nyc to find reliable movers and start packing.
Manhattan is home to Central Park
Probably no other urban park in the world is as perfect as Central Park. It’s an 843-acre oasis in the middle of a concrete jungle. An interesting fact about this gorgeous place is that it’s entirely man-made, dating back to 1859. Even those stunning waterfalls can be turned on and off.
If you thought that looking at beautiful nature is the only thing to do here, you’re wrong. From taking a romantic paddle across the lake and riding the famous carousel to the Summerstage concert and puppet shows at the Swedish Cottage, there is something for everyone’s taste. It will take you years to fully explore all its’ treasures.
The cultural capital of the world
Manhattan has been named the financial, cultural, media, and entertainment capital of the world. However, we’ll focus on its cultural aspects and things you can see and experience around Manhattan:
- Broadway is a true heaven for theatre fans. You can even see Hollywood actors performing there;
- Museums in Manhattan are some of the best in the entire world. You have probably heard of the Metropolitan Museum of Art (MoMA) but make sure not to miss out on Whitney, New Museum, and the Guggenheim;
- Indie movie theaters such as Angelika Film Center, Landmark Sunshine Cinema, Film Society of Lincoln Center, and many more can be found all over Manhattan. If you are tired of blockbusters and want to see something far from mainstream, make sure to buy a ticket asap;
- Comedy clubs in Manhattan are places where many superstars started their careers. Some are even today known to pop up unannounced to the place that started their career.
NYC is known for its fantastic nightlife and got its nickname “the city that never sleeps” for that reason. It’s no wonder that it has been named one of the best cities for millennials. Even though there are plenty of great clubs all over NYC, the best ones are definitely in Manhattan.
The best part about Manhattan nightlife is the diversity of options. From high-end clubs and restaurants to laid-back and relaxed sports bars, there is something for everyone every night of the week. If you are a party lover, there’s no better place for you than Manhattan.
Heaven for fashion lovers
Manhattan is a true paradise for any fashion fanatic. Manhattan has got you covered no matter what your style, budget, and lifestyle fashion needs are. Some of the world’s best and biggest department stores are located right on this island and offer clothes and accessories from thousands of brands.
On the other hand, if you want to support small businesses and shop locally, you can easily find these types of stores all over East Village, Lower East Side, and Soho. As you can see, in every aspect, Manhattan has something to offer for anyone.
Convenient public transport and rent-controlled apartments
Even though traffic jams are very common in New York, public transportation works very well. There are nearly 150 Subway stations on Manhattan island at convenient locations, so it’s effortless to get around. There are also plenty of buses that run crosstown that make transit through this city that much easier.
You probably heard that real estate in Manhattan is costly, no matter if you plan to buy or rent. That is true. However, you can still find rent-stabilized apartments. These types of flats can legally only undergo a minimal rent increase every year. This basically means you won’t have to move as much, and you can find a place to settle long-term.
Do you now believe that Manhattan is the best borough to live in?
We hope you enjoyed reading this article and that we were able to convince you that Manhattan is the best borough to live in. If you thought of a reason we didn’t mention or want to share your experience, make sure to leave a comment below. We’d love to hear your opinions and suggestions.