Reasons Why an Executive MBA is Right for You
So far as the management field is concerned an MBA degree holds major significance. Alongside the improvement of knowledge and skills, pursuing an MBA degree can offer additional benefits that will span the duration of your career. As a result, maximum students go for the traditional postgraduate MBA (Master of Business Administration) course after they are done with their undergraduate studies.
But, due to a lack of proper time management and other related issues, most of the students fail to pursue a regular MBA course. And, as a result of advancements in every aspect, students often find it difficult to cope with the current scenario. If you are going through a similar situation, you can give a try to the best executive MBA programs that are available worldwide.
Furthermore, in today’s world, there’s constant competition among the youth to enhance their potential and make a better career. Therefore, such programs let you develop a strong professional network, accelerate your career progression, as well as boost your key skills and knowledge.
In this blog, we will find out the importance of an executive MBA degree and the advantages related to it.
What is an Executive MBA program?
The EMBA, which usually denotes the “Executive Master of Business Administration”, is a degree program similar to an MBA course but is specifically designed for people like senior managers or corporate executives, who already exist in the workplace. The executive MBA for working professionals enables you to earn an MBA degree along with your existing job roles and responsibilities.
Moreover, an EMBA course is generally a combination of online classes and tutorials, classroom teaching on weekends and evenings, as well as full-day workshops conducted occasionally. Being equivalent to traditional MBA courses in terms of scope and requirements, the executive MBA programs can last for around 24 months.
Benefits of pursuing an executive MBA degree
When talking about the perks of studying this course, there are numerous things that you can include in the list. However, the advantages of an executive MBA degree go beyond that of a general MBA, because of its focus on the leadership and organizational development skills, needed to thrive in top positions within an organization. Some of the renowned benefits are discussed below:
- Improved networking opportunities: The best executive MBA programs can be organized in such a manner that encourages the expansion of professional networks, thought leadership, and professional development. As a student of this program, you will have the opportunity to connect with industry professionals or leaders, connect with alumni, participate in conferences and events, as well as build a strong peer network.
- Promotion Opportunities: Graduates of executive MBA programs are more likely to advance their careers by getting into higher positions of management positions or taking the initiative to begin their own company. So, if you are an executive MBA graduate you can use it as an opportunity to look for further options that lead to more lucrative positions.
- Enhancement of skills for better growth: This degree helps professionals to strengthen their existing skills as well as develop new ones. Moreover, the best executive MBA programs will offer you chances of building hard skills like statistics, accounting, and economics at a time when you will be preparing to become more effective leaders, through courses that provide a strong foundation in strategy and leadership.
- The practice of time management: This degree guides you to manage time effectively, as it is designed according to the busy schedules of high-level professionals. In general, the executive MBA course includes occasional workshops, classes during the evening hours or weekends, and an online mode of learning by limiting the amount of time taken from personal and work life.
Rather than these advantages, there are plenty of other reasons for choosing this program. Being a graduate of this program, you can expect a hike in your previous salary and have further opportunities to work in manufacturing or other industries. Overall, the executive MBA degree is an investment in yourself. Therefore, if you are looking toward new steps in your career, and maximum people around you have an advanced business degree, all you can do is invest the time now to acquire more skills and credentials you will need to achieve a better opportunity. Well, earning an executive MBA acts as an investment in yourself, and in your company as well.
Numerous colleges/institutes in India and abroad offer the Executive MBA degree, and every year various working professionals enroll for this course.
Why choose Universal Business School for an executive MBA program?
Various MBA colleges in Mumbai include the executive MBA program in their curriculum, and one of them is the Universal Business School (UBS). Being one of the top B schools in Mumbai, it lets the students interact and learn from Global CEOs and CXOs.
The executive MBA programs offered by the Universal Business School not only guide the working professionals to grow, but also help them to make significant career transitions, find a new job or garner a promotion, or start their own business. This business school in India is, however, founded by some International Business Leaders, who have business experience in all five continents and have also taken care of multi-billion dollar global businesses.
In order to seek admission, you will have to visit the official website of Universal Business School and fill out the online application form. Later, you will be required to appear for a personal interview as a part of the selection process. For more details related to the eligibility criteria, course duration, and other requirements, please check out their official website.
Thus, we can see there are multiple advantages of pursuing the best executive MBA programs, as they assist professionals to generate innovative ideas for their company, developing more dynamic teams as well as become more effective leaders. As a whole, this degree attempts at equipping you with tools to advance your career, find better opportunities and deal with new challenges.
Moreover, the flexibility of an Executive MBA program permits you to spend less time in the classroom, and more time getting to know your peers while maintaining existing relationships. And, if you are searching for the best executive MBA course, Universal Business School is a wise choice. Hope this information on executive MBA programs helped in answering some of your questions.
- What sort of experience is generally required for an Executive MBA program?
Most often, applicants must have a minimum of five years of executive or managing-level full-time work experience to qualify for an executive MBA course.
- What are the eligibility criteria for the best executive MBA programs?
To seek admission an applicant must have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with at least a 50% grade point average. Moreover, the primary requirement for admission to an EMBA is work experience. For an executive MBA program, certain colleges may have a minimum age requirement of 25 to 27 years old.
- What are the popular executive MBA specializations?
Operations, Sales and Marketing, International Business, Supply Chain Management, IT and Systems, Health Care and Hospital, Entrepreneurship, Retail, etc are some of the well-known executive MBA specialization courses offered in a country like India.
- Is there any difference between the syllabus of an Executive MBA program, and a regular MBA program?
Executive MBA’s course offerings and schedule are not significantly different from those of the regular MBA. Although the fundamental disciplines are the same, the curriculum’s general structure is more sophisticated. The curriculum is more engaging and there are fewer electives available to Executive MBA students.
- Does an Executive MBA offer any opportunities for internships or exposure to the business world?
Although they certainly need industry training, executive MBA students already have professional experience. Instead, maximum colleges make use of the students’ varied job experience through several debates, case studies, etc.