SBI Elite credit card is a credit card basically for those people who travel a lot, travel around the world. It is basically a travel and lifestyle card that provides a lot of benefits to the customers like – SBI Elite credit card lounge access, as well as discounts on international and domestic flights and hotel reservations. SBI Elite credit card provides benefits also in various categories, making it a great choice for high-speed users. This card also offers movie tickets of INR 6000 to its users in a year, and club Vistara membership adds to its list of advantages.
|Highlights of the SBI Credit Card Elite
|Travel and Rewards
|INR 5,000 gift vouchers and 50,000 bonus points every year.
Features and Benefits –
SBI Elite credit card is one of the premium cards of State Bank of India, thus comes with various benefits and rewards. With this card, users will get benefits in various categories like – movies, dining, rewards, and more. The following are the benefits of the SBI Elite credit card:
- Welcome e-gift voucher worth INR 5,000 – Though the SBI Elite cardholder has to pay annual fees of INR 4999, it returns it in the form of INR 5,000 as a welcome gift voucher. Cardholders can access its card in brands like – Hush Puppies/ Bata, Yatra.com, Shoppers Stop, and Pantaloons. The cardholder will receive an SMS to choose from the e-voucher options within 15 days of annual payment. The e-voucher will be sent to your registered mobile number/email ID, within 5 days of the request.
- Elite Rewards On Your All Expenses – The SBI Elite credit card is a highly rewarding card, especially if you are a high-spender. Following is the reward point structure of the SBI Elite Credit Card-
- 5X Reward Points on Dining, Departmental stores and Grocery Spends
- 2 Reward Points per INR 100 on all other spends, except fuel
- 2 Reward Points on every INR100 spent on International transactions.
- Milestone Rewards – Cardholders will get 50,000 bonus points that come out to be INR 12500 in a year. Reward points are given in the following manner:
- 10,000 bonus rewards each on spending INR 3 Lakh and INR 4 Lakh in a year
- 15,000 bonus reward points on spending INR 5 Lakh in a year
- Additional 15,000 rewards on reaching annual spends of INR 8 Lakh
- Free Movie Tickets worth INR 6000 in a year – With the SBI Elite card, cardholders will get free tickets of INR 6000 a year. Cardholders can avail maximum benefit of INR 250 per ticket. Also, a convenience fee will be charged on all transactions.
- Exclusive Benefits ( Membership and Lounge Access) –
Club Vistara and Trident Privilege membership – With SBI Elite credit card cardholders will get a complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership. The membership includes –
- 1 complimentary Upgrade Voucher
- 9 Club Vistara Points for every INR 100 spent on Vistara Flights
Please note that this membership is only for primary customers, so once you get a new SBI Elite credit card you should immediately register for internet and activate your Club Vistara membership. SBI Elite credit card is a great option for people who travel a lot as it gives numerous travel benefits. Trident Red Tier Membership is another benefit that you can avail of on this card. The membership includes –
- The cardholder will get 1000 points on registration.
- Cardholders will get a 10% instant discount if they book from the hotel’s website.
- Cardholders will get 10 points per INR 100 spent on booking a room of the participating hotel.
- The cardholder will get 15000 points on its first stay.
- Additional 1,000 hotel credit on extended night stay (use promo code: SBITH)
This offer is valid for primary cardholders only and can be activated by visiting the internet banking facility of SBI Credit Card.
- Airport Lounge Access – SBI Elite cardholders will get the benefit of access to Airport Lounge Access. Following are the benefits of having SBI credit card airport lounge access –
|Domestic Lounge Program
|2 complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge visits every quarter in India.
|International Lounge Program
|Complimentary membership to the Priority Pass Program worth $99 6 complimentary Airport Lounge visits per calendar year, outside India ( max. 2 visits per quarter) Access over 1,000 Airport Lounges worldwide
Only Primary Cardholders are eligible for Priority Pass and complimentary membership will be valid for 2 years only.
Other Benefits of SBI Elite Credit Card – The additional benefits of SBI Elite credit card are as follows –
- Concierge services like – online doctor consultation, assistance in flower delivery, and gift delivery.
- The cardholder will get low foreign currency markup charge of 1.99% if he does international transactions.
- SBI Card ELITE is accepted in over 24 million outlets across the globe, including 3,25,000 outlets in India
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver, on every transaction between INR 500 to INR 4,000, at any petrol pump across the country (maximum surcharge waiver of INR 250 per statement cycle, per credit card account).
Fees and Benefits
|Fees / Charges
|Annual Fee (one time)
|Renewal Fee (per annum)
|up to 3.50% per month [42% per annum]
|Late Payment Fee
|NIL for Total Amount due from INR 0-INR500; INR 400 for Total Amounts due greater than INR 500 and up to INR 1000; INR 750 for Total Amounts due greater than INR 1000 and up to INR 10,000; INR 950 for Total Amounts due greater than INR 10,000 and up to INR 25,000 INR 1,100 for Total Amounts due greater than INR 25,000 and up to INR 50,000 INR 1,300 for a Total Amount due greater than INR 50,000
Eligibility and Documentation
|Proof of Identity
|PAN Card, Aadhaar card, Driver’s License, Passport, Voter’s ID, Overseas Citizen of India Card, Person of Indian Origin Card, Job card issued by NREGA, Letters issued by the UIDAI or any other government approved photo ID proof
|Proof of Address
|Aadhaar card, Driver’s License, Passport, Utility Bill not more than 3 month’s old, Ration Card, Property Registration Document, Person of Indian Origin Card, Job card issued by NREGA, Bank Account Statement or any other government approved address proof
|Proof of Income
|Latest one or 2 salary slip (not more than 3 months old), Latest Form 16, Last 3 months’ bank statement