Every week, The GLAAD Wrap brings you LGBT-related entertainment news highlights, fresh stuff to watch out for, and fun diversions to help you kick off the weekend.
1) Modern Family star Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his fiancé Justin Mikita hit the road in Illinois to launch “Marriage Equality Days of Action” to lobby for the passage of marriage equality by the state Senate. "I certainly respect everyone's right to their opinion, but I think at the end of the day we all have to agree that treating any American as a second-class citizen is not OK,” Tyler told the press on Wednesday. Tyler and Mikita represented their bowtie fashion line Tie the Knot, which raises funds to support organizations working for marriage equality, on Thursday’s Bow Tie Lobby Day in Springfield, IL.
2) Chris Colfer’s debut film Struck by Lightning is holding a one-night-only interactive screening on Sunday, January 6 in cities nationwide to coincide with the movie’s red carpet premiere. Colfer will be holding a live Q&A webcast following the film and viewers will have the opportunity to ask questions via social media. Struck by Lightning is available now through On Demand services and opens in limited theaters January 11. Find a screening location near you and check out the trailer below.
3) LGBT gaming and tech organization Gaymercon revealed they will be changing their organization’s name to GaymerConnect moving forward, while this year’s upcoming convention will now be called Gaymer X. The name-change was accompanied by the announcement that Gaymer Connect is also officially launching a new web-based service that will allow LGBT and ally gamers to chat about specific games, find LGBT-friendly guilds and meet other gamers to challenge based on mutual games or location. Gaymer X will be held August 3-4 in San Francisco.
4) Adrien Brody stars in French singer/songwriter PacoVolume’s new music video for his single “Olaf & Paul.” The video is the poetic story of the overwhelming love between two men who live in very different worlds. Watch “Olaf & Paul” below.
5) Out model AzMarie Livingston, best known for competing on America’s Next Top Model: British Invasion, recently released her first music video. Check out “Morning Guarantee” below.
6) Kam Kardashian: A Webseries follows Kameron Kardashian, the (fictional) long-lost lesbian Kardashian sister who has been cut off and kicked out of the family. They are looking for funding help for the series second season which sees Kam working to get her life together, become a positive role model and find happiness even though her family won’t acknowledge her. Visit their Kickstarter page for more information, visit their YouTube to watch the first season and check out the trailer below.